Site Reliability Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Location: India Remote
Experience: 2-4 years
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) at FullContact are focused on the uptime, reliability and observability of all of the critical software systems used throughout the company. The SRE team works embedded with the various FullContact engineering teams, attending their planning, standups and contributing to day to day work. As an SRE you will help advance our services towards more automated and self healing systems that are easy to maintain. This requires working together with all of engineering to help define and implement metrics and alerting that increase the robustness, scalability, performance and cost efficiency of the underlying systems. In addition to metrics and stability, SREs are also relied on as a source of knowledge and expertise for our underlying infrastructure, security, and CI/CD stack.
As an SRE on the FullContact team, one of the first projects will be to help drive our adoption of GitLab and the reduction of complexity in our current CI/CD pipeline.
- Assist in defining and monitor SLOs and SLAs across multiple engineering systems
- Be able to critically think through hard problems and emerge with robust, functional solutions
- Work as an SRE embedded on various engineering teams, participating in activities such as planning/standup, feature development, monitoring, and performance improvements
- Spend 15-20% of time supporting and building common core infrastructure including Gitlab, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc
- Design and build out tools and dashboards offering analytics, statistical and account level insights for debugging to support internal teams
- Stay current on the latest technologies used across the organization
- Automate monitoring and alerting so you and the team can sleep soundly at night knowing the systems are humming along and meeting their SLAs happily without you
- Participate in on-call rotations to support key systems to ensure High Availability
- Pushing the envelope around process and technology to improve efficiency, quality and speed of systems and the team
- Experience in AWS and deploying software in the cloud using CI/CD tools such as Spinnaker / Jenkins
- Experience in cloud configuration and deployment templates (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Familiarly with container deployment and expert in Kubernetes
- Experience in Linux, Unix & CLI Scripting
- Monitoring and Observability
- Familiar with in at least one metrics stack (Graphite, Statsd, Prometheus, Influx, etc)
- Familiar with in visualizations with Grafana or similar tools
- Experience with log aggregation frameworks - ELK Stack, Loki, etc
- Streaming and Big Data
- Familiar with in Spark
- Some experience with Kafka
- Some experience with API Frameworks (i.e. Dropwizard)
- Some experience with large scale and NoSQL databases
- Some experience with traditional RDBMS and SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora, Athena, etc)
- General Tools and Languages
- Proficient in at least one key programming language (Java, Scala, Clojure, GoLang, Python)
- Expert in Git
- Willingness to learn Clojure / ClojureScript
FullContact is the premier provider of SaaS-based identity resolution that empowers brands to improve their customer experience and authentically engage with consumers. FullContact’s leading position in the identity resolution space informs our thoughts and direction on privacy and consent issues as we are creating end-to-end solutions for brands, publishers, and platforms. Using a consumer-first approach with our product offerings, we aim to make relationships better and that starts with our employees.
We offer excellent benefits for our teammates, including medical coverage, and a generous stock option plan. You’ll join an innovative, enthusiastic team whose hard work helped us achieve recognition from the API awards, MarTech Breakthrough awards, and inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies. More about the company and benefits at www.fullcontact.com.
All offers of employment at FullContact are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. FullContact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FullContact does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.