Senior Software Engineer-ID Verification & Fraud
- Full Time
Senior Software Engineer - ID Verification & Fraud
Location: US Remote
Work on a brand new team focusing on Identity Verification and Fraud where you will contribute to constructing a real-time fraud detection and prevention platform. The role is heavily focused on data where we will transform raw signals into fraud-based insights for customers. Your unique blend of API and batch processing skills, and attention to detail will contribute to your success as we rapidly build out these verification and fraud solutions.
This role is different from the rest in this space because here at FullContact, you get to tap into a mature Person-centric Identity Graph. We have multiple data feeds, real-time and batch, and thus access to over 100 billion data points. At the core, we are a platform-first architecture with fleets of microservices and believe in shipping code several times a day. Leading the charge is a Consumer Data Privacy strategy to help cut through all the data privacy regulations and work towards the highest quality of signal to noise.
- You are creative and enjoy solving challenging problems.
- You are curious. You look for the root cause of issues and are a life learner
- You are collaborative and love working with people to build world-class technology
- You have grit and recognize that hard things are usually the most rewarding
- You are empathetic, understanding customer and team members expectations
- Be a hungry-to-learn teammate on the ID Verification & Fraud team
- Design, build, and maintain production quality APIs capable of handling 1000s requests/sec in Java and/or Scala
- Aggregate, normalize, and transform a variety of raw signals into fraud based insights using a variety of big data tools
- Works cross-team to understand internal systems and architectures and how to piece those together to meet Identity Verification and Fraud requirements
- Live and breath the DevOps culture: own the process of writing code, to testing, building, deploying, and maintaining your systems in production using a standard set of CICD tools from our internal SRE/Ops team
- Apply best practices to ensure quality and security as you build
- Strong foundation in Computer Science with 4+ years of industry experience
- Strong understanding of implementing concurrent processes in Java and/or Scala
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of security: confidentiality, integrity, and availability and experience implementing those in code
- Experience with a variety of databases (SQL, NoSQL, In-Memory, Searchable, etc)
- Basic familiarity with running services in Kubernetes and AWS
- Able to break down complicated problems into clear designs and user stories
- Some experience applying statistics to data, and working in data science
- Some experience with Spark processing large datasets (on the order of TB)
- Git and Linux familiarity along with experience working in a robust CI/CD environment
- Bonus Points
- Machine Learning experience
- Computer Vision coursework
- Advanced network experience or experience implementing encryption
- Experience with other JVM languages besides Java and Scala
- Experience working with high profile customers in both private and public sectors
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary Range: $120,000 to $160,000 base salary plus company based bonus plan and equity
- We offer 100% covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family.
- We are #defaultremote (fully and permanently remote) with the option to work at WeWork spaces around the country with our credits. Our Denver office is open as an optional place for people to work if they choose to.
- Flexible family-first environment - we want work to work for you and your family’s schedule.
- Get up to $200 a month reimbursed for recurring home office expenses and a one-time $400 home office setup reimbursement to make your space your own!
- Unlimited VTO (vacation time off) so you can recharge and relax when you need to.
- Paid Parental Leave when you welcome a new member to your family.
- Bereavement leave supporting the grieving process for the loss of both human and animal family members.
- 26 paid Company holidays, including mental health days, service days, 1/2 day Fridays in the summer, and the week between Christmas and New Year off!
- We provide a prepaid HRA card for out-of-pocket medical, dental, and vision expenses.
FullContact is the premier provider of SaaS-based identity resolution that empowers brands to improve their customer experience and authentically engage with consumers. Using a consumer-first approach with our product offerings, we aim to make relationships better and that starts with our employees. We offer excellent benefits for our teammates, including full medical and dental coverage, unlimited vacation time, and a generous stock option plan. You’ll join an innovative, enthusiastic team whose hard work helped us achieve recognition from the API awards, MarTech Breakthrough awards, and inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies.
All offers of employment at FullContact are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. FullContact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FullContact does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
By clicking on the “submit application” button and applying for a job at FullContact, you are agreeing to submit your data to FullContact for the purposes of determining qualification for the role. In addition, FullContact will keep the personal data you submit now for future recruiting and hiring processes.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.