Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Location: India Remote
Experience: 4-8 years
The role is to be a Software Engineer for India's Data Platform as a Data Engineer to design and build performant services and customer-facing APIs. FullContact has numerous capabilities around Identity Resolution where we help companies recognize their customers, clients and users in real-time. A huge goal of FullContact is to leverage this unique strength of recognition to identify any person’s set of Data Rights and Permissions, and to become a thought leader in the industry. This role will offer a unique chance to be on the front lines in this exciting journey.
The Data Platform team works to transform both offline data sets and real time data streams into data sets that can be accessible over APIs for customers. The data sets range from millions to billions, and we use appropriate tools to activate the datasets for both internal and external consumers. The team primarily writes in Java and Scala, operates in the AWS cloud and works to have fully automated deployments with rich suites of automated tests.
- Can be relied upon to be the ‘technical face’ for FullContact through blog posts, conference presentations, meetups, etc
- Capable of running point to respond quickly to ad hoc customer requests
- Design and build out tools and dashboards offering analytics, statistical, and account-level insights for debugging to support internal teams
- Evolve microservices to support 1000s of requests per second with ease
- Participate in on-call rotations to support key systems to ensure High Availability
- Stay current on the latest technologies used across the organization
- Write all forms of automated unit, integration, and functional tests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in backend technologies and patterns
- Scala, Java, API Frameworks (i.e. Dropwizard)
- Large scale and NoSQL databases (i.e. Cassandra, Scylla, HBase)
- Traditional RDBMS and SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Aurora, Athena, etc)
- Experience in NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, Scylla, HBase)
- Scaling and debugging interconnected micro services
- Solid experience in cloud technologies (i.e. AWS) and deploying in the cloud
- CI/CD tools such as Spinnaker / Jenkins / Docker / Kubernetes
- Cloud configuration and deployment templates (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Linux / Unix and CLI scripting
- Observability tools (i.e. PagerDuty, Graphite, Grafana, etc)
- Exposure to Kafka, Spark and working with large volumes of data and big data technology
- Very knowledgeable in normalizing and aggregating dirty data
- Experience in Docker & Kubernetes
- Nice to haves
- Experience with Identity Resolution
- Front end experience for quick debugging tools
FullContact is the premier provider of SaaS-based identity resolution that empowers brands to improve their customer experience and authentically engage with consumers. FullContact’s leading position in the identity resolution space informs our thoughts and direction on privacy and consent issues as we are creating end-to-end solutions for brands, publishers, and platforms. Using a consumer-first approach with our product offerings, we aim to make relationships better and that starts with our employees.
We offer excellent benefits for our teammates, including medical coverage, and a generous stock option plan. You’ll join an innovative, enthusiastic team whose hard work helped us achieve recognition from the API awards, MarTech Breakthrough awards, and inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list for fastest-growing companies. More about the company and benefits at www.fullcontact.com.
All offers of employment at FullContact are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. FullContact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FullContact does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.